20 fellows who are moving the landscape of civic engagement around the world will receive support from the Obama Foundation – Call for applications
Deadline: 6 October 2017.
The Obama Foundation Fellowship programme seeks to support outstanding civic innovators from around the world in order to boost the impact of their work and to inspire a wave of civic innovation.
The Obama Foundation fellows will be a diverse set of community-minded rising stars who are altering the civic engagement landscape. For this inaugural class, which will last for two years beginning in April 2018, the foundation is seeking participants who are enthusiastic about helping to design, test and refine the fellowship.
The non-residential fellowship will offer hands-on training, resources, and leadership development. Fellows will also participate in four multi-day gatherings where they will collaborate with each other, connect with potential partners, and collectively push their work forward. Throughout the programme, each fellow will pursue a personalised plan to leverage fellowship resources in taking their work to the next level.
The fellowship seeks applicants who fulfil the following criteria:
- Civic innovators who are working to solve important public problems in creative and powerful ways;
- Who are of diverse disciplines, such as organisers, inventors, artists, entrepreneurs, journalists, or working within systems such as governments or businesses, as well outside of formal institutions;
- Who are at a tipping point in their career and who will use the fellowship to significantly advance their work;
- Who are talented, but not connected (i.e. to the networks and resources they need to advance their work);
- And who are genuine, demonstrating humility and working collaboratively with others towards shared goals.
To apply, please complete the online application form
Please note that applications cannot be saved. The Obama Foundation recommends that applicants draft the responses offline (as well as the requested links and the video to be uploaded) before revisiting the website and submitting the application in one sitting.
The deadline for applications is 6 October 2017.
Participants will be notified of the selection results in February 2018.
Content produced in partnership with Cineuropa