Al Mawred Al Thaqafy's production awards programme supports artists and writers from the Arab region – Call for application
Deadline: 7 December 2018
Al Mawred Al Thaqafy's production awards programme supports artists and writers from the Arab region, below the age of 35, by offering grants to enable them to produce their first creative projects. Grants of up to $10,000 are available for projects in literature, music, performing arts and visual arts and of up to $15,000 for projects in cinema and video. The programme helps give young people the opportunity to create original works and develop new forms of artistic expression.
The Production Awards programme aims to support and encourage the artistic and literary productivity and creativity of a new generation of young artists and writers from the Arab region.
Grants are available for the following disciplines:
- Performing arts: for the development and production of theatrical, dance and other performance arts productions;
- Visual arts: for the production and organization of visual art, installation art, video art and art book exhibitions;
- Literature: for the creation and publication of novels, short stories and poetry anthologies;
- Music: for the creation and audio and audiovisual recording of vocal and instrumental musical works;
- Cinema/video: for the production of short, medium-length and feature-length fictional, documentary, animated and experimental films and video works.
The eligibility criteria are:
- Applicants must be between 15 and 35 years old as of 1 January 2018.
- Applicants must be from an Arab country, regardless of ethnic background, citizenship status or whether they reside in the Arab region or abroad.
The deadline for submission is 7 December 2018.
Selected applicants will be announced in mid-February 2019.
Content produced in partnership with Cineuropa