Arte Laguna prize 2018.19 for contemporary art – Call for applications
Deadline: 27 November 2018
The 13th edition of the International Arte Laguna Prize, aimed at promoting and enhancing Contemporary Art, is now open.
The free-themed prize is open to contemporary artwork from six sections: painting, sculpture and installation or virtual art, photographic art or digital graphics, video art and short films or performance, land art or urban art, and design.
An international jury will select 120 finalist artists who will participate in a major collective exhibition in the Arsenale Nord in Venice in March 2019.
Various prizes will be awarded:
- Institutional prizes: the main competition of Arte Laguna will award six artists with a cash prize of €7,000 (one per section listed here above);
- Artist in gallery prizes: four personal exhibitions in international art galleries including: set-up, reimbursement of expenses of € 500 and a dedicated digital catalogue;
- Prize sustainability and art: one grant of € 3000 will be awarded;
- Artist in residence prizes: nine residencies will be offered in different countries: Italy, Belgium, Spain, India, Mauritius and Norway;
- Business for art prizes: that support collaborations with four companies meant to connect creativity with the production sector (in Italy);
- Art Platforms and supporters’ prizes: supporting collaborations with foundations and institutions whose main mission is to promote art and support artists and their careers (in the USA and Canada);
- Festivals and exhibitions prizes: in the form of collaborations to create a network where artists and new projects meet and that offer visibility (in China, Slovenia and Italy).
The Arte Laguna prize invites all artists, with no restrictions of age, sex, nationality or any other qualifications, to apply. Each artist can participate with one or more artworks, also in more than one section. Artworks may have been previously exhibited.
An application fee of € 79,3 (artists under 25) or € 103,7 (artists above 25) is applicable and each applicant can present up to 4 works under one fee.
The deadline for applications is 27 November 2018.
Technical specifications for the application can be found here in the “ART. 2” section.
To apply, please find all the documents, links and payment instructions here
Article produced in collaboration with Cineuropa