CALL FOR APPLICATION - REGIONAL TRAINING TO SUPPORT RESILIENT COMMUNITIES IN RAISING AWARENESS ON CULTURAL HERITAGE VALUES AND CITIZENSHIP ENGAGEMENT
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: 21 August 2018
DATE OF TRAINING: 15 - 18 October 2018
PLACE OF TRAINING: JORDAN
The Technical Assistance team of Med Culture, a regional programme funded by the European Union (DG NEAR) for the promotion of culture as vector of Human, Social and Economic Development in South Mediterranean countries, is launching a call for participation in a regional 4-day training workshop followed by online mentoring sessions.
This initiative will focus on enhancing the skills and practice of trainers and cultural managers from the cultural heritage sector and civil society organisations involved in grass roots work in heritage making and cultural development processes as a basis for promoting an empowered and resilient society at local level, thereby underlining the value of heritage in the development of a more robust and resilient community that strives for peace building.
The content described below is indicative and might be subject to adjustment.
The group of participants is heterogeneous and will include cultural operators, civil society activists involved in community and grass-roots work, and cultural heritage specialists. This call welcomes persons with experience as trainers and facilitators from the culture and/or related sectors (gender, human rights, etc.). Applicants must be citizens and residents from South Mediterranean countries, aged between 25 and 45 years at the time of application:
- Cultural operators, activists involved in community development and grass roots mobilisation and cultural heritage specialists.
- Trainers/facilitators working in the field of culture, advocacy and sustainable development
- Professionals involved in public awareness and keen to improve their skills and approach
The selected candidates are expected to be fully committed to this workshop.Participants of previous activities organised by Med Culture are also encouraged to apply to this call.
This Training will contribute to:
- Enhance participants’ skills in training/facilitation/mobilizing the public around issues relative to cultural heritage development.
- Promote cultural heritage as an inspiring platform for learning, building new skills and engaging with peers.
- Underline the value of awareness-raising as a means for engaging with civil society and securing their participation in the cultural heritage development process as key to achieving development goals.
- The workshop will operate at different levels:
- Enhancement of skills of 20-25 cultural operators and grass roots activists from the region in training/facilitation/mobilizing the public around issues relative to cultural heritage development.
- Providing participants with innovative methodologies/instruments focusing on processes in raising public awareness/designing a public awareness campaign.
- Empowering them in transmitting values and attitudes towards cultural heritage and its significance in today’s life style.
- Giving them the opportunity to network and exchange with peers.
- This workshop will include:
- Plenary sessions
- Group work
- Discussions of case studies
WHERE & WHEN?
This 4-day workshop (excluding travel) will take place in Jordan, 15-18 October 2018.
The languages of the workshop are English and Arabic.
HOW TO APPLY?
Draft your application in ONE file of 4 pages maximum including:
- CV in English, French or Arabic (education, current activities focussing on those who are related to the theme of the training, etc.), with your full name as it figures in your passport, your birth date and country, as well as your current email and telephone number (2 pages max)
- Motivation letter in English or Arabic explaining your interest in participating in this programme and how this training will impact your organisation/local context (1 page)
- Draft concept proposal in English or Arabic presenting a pitch for an awareness-raising campaign for cultural heritage development or a project you would like to develop: either a training session or an educational programme on cultural heritage as a value for community development or the pitch of a related subject you would like to advocate for (1 page)
The Jury will select 25 people from South Mediterranean countries, aged between 25and 45 years at the time of application. The selected candidates are expected to be fully committed to this programme.
The selection jury is composed of experts including the Med Culture team. The candidates are selected based on the evaluation of their application.
- have a good command of Arabic and to know English OR French;
- work in the training field, in the cultural field, in cultural heritage development or in connected fields (sustainable development, tourism, social inclusion, employment, human rights, civil society empowerment etc.) within civil society/cultural organisations, the public sector, or as freelancers;
- be available and commit to participate in the programme;
- be resident in one of the countries of the region: Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Israel, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Syria and Tunisia.
Candidates should have experience in:
- training, facilitation and management of cultural projects
- developing and/or delivering awareness raising campaigns
- grass roots work and community development
- and/or show a strong interest/commitment in developing their training/facilitating/awareness raising skills
DON’T MISS THE DEADLINE!
Your application must be submitted by 21 August 2018 in ONE file of maximum 4 pages in English or Arabic and sent to the following 3 emails:
Please ensure to add the below SUBJECT TITLE to your email, otherwise your application will not be reviewed by the jury:
< Application to WKP16_CULTURAL HERITAGE AND CITIZENSHIP >
ATTENTION: If the application includes more than one file or is received after the deadline, it will unfortunately not be taken into consideration.
Results will be announced by 14 September 2018. Selected candidates will be informed by e-mail.
NOTE: Travel and accommodation expenses for the selected candidates will be covered by the Med Culture programme.
For further inquiries please contact email@example.com
Med Culture is a 5-year (2014-2019) regional programme funded by the European Union to accompany partner countries in south of the Mediterranean in the development and improvement of cultural policies and practices related to the culture sector. The approach is consultative/participative and takes place in partnership with civil society actors, ministries, private and public institutions involved in culture as well as other related sectors.
Capacity development at regional level (between stakeholders from the Southern side of the Mediterranean sea), is a Med Culture core activity that provides cultural practitioners working in different cultural fields, both from the civil society and public sectors, with the opportunity to discuss common challenges and share experiences with their peers in the involved South Mediterranean countries.
The proposed action is in line with the revised European Neighbourhood Policy (ENP), adopted in November 2015, which places special emphasis on supporting civil society and promoting citizen participation and engagement, focusing especially on young women and men.
-  The programme is carried out at the following locations and/or involve citizens from: Neighbourhood South countries (Algeria, Egypt, Israel[a], Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine[b], Tunisia and Syria[c])
[a] See Guidelines on the eligibility of Israeli entities and their activities in the territories occupied by Israel since June 1967 for grants, prizes and financial instruments funded by the EU from 2014 onwards onhttp://eurlex.europa.eu/legalcontent/EN/TXT/?uri=uriserv:OJ.C_.2013.205.....
[b] This designation shall not be construed as recognition of a State of Palestine and is without prejudice to the individual positions of the Member States on this issue.
[c] Co-operation with the Government of Syria suspended since 2011.