Call for applications: third edition of FAM 2017 – Women of the Future in the Mediterranean Region
The “Femmes d’Avenir en Méditerranée” (Women of the Future in the Mediterranean Region) training programme developed by Sciences Po has just launched a call for applications for its third edition, to be held in Paris and Brussels and/or Strasbourg from 9-15 May 2017.
The programme aims to boost the professional growth of a group of young women leaders from South Mediterranean countries. Women empowered through the programme will become advocates for the advancement and promotion of gender equality in their own countries and professional sectors.
Selected candidates will have access to Sciences Po scientific and academic know-how, through the PRESAGE Research and Academic Programme on Gender Thinking, and will be given the chance to meet high-level senior figures from the political, art, culture and business worlds, in addition to other distinguished representatives of the French and European public scene.
The training will include modules on law, leadership, management and gender, and conflict resolution, specifically designed for the programme.
- Aged between 25 and 35;
- Eligible nationalities: Turkish, Moroccan, Tunisian, Algerian, Libyan, Egyptian, Jordanian, Lebanese, Syrian or Palestinian;
- Being an agent of change from any sector: entrepreneurs, CEOs, COOs or founders of e-commerce platforms, start-ups or companies; artists, musicians, dancers, filmmakers; researchers; politicians; humanitarian or civil/women’s rights activists;
- Promoting gender equality;
- Fluency in French (C1 level).
The following expenses will be covered by the organisers:
- Travel fare for one person (round trip to Paris);
- Accommodation and transportation in Paris;
- Training materials (documentation, articles and papers for the training week);
- Travel expenses to Brussels and/or Strasbourg as well as lunches and accommodation on location.
To apply for the programme, candidates must send an email to
with the subject line “CANDIDATURE FAM 2017” and with the following attachments (in PDF format):
- A curriculum vitae (maximum two pages in length);
- A cover letter in which the candidate will indicate the benefits she would acquire from the training and the way in which she will use her new skills in her professional career;
- two recommendation letters.
The deadline for submissions is 6 March 2017 (midnight, Paris time).
Every year, a total of 22 women will be selected based on a wide range of criteria, such as early excellence in their professional field or a commitment to promoting equality in their particular domain of activities.
For more information (in French), please click here
Article produced in partnership with Cineuropa