Call for films: The Olhares do Mediterrâneo Film Festival is seeking films made by women
The deadline for submissions is 20 April 2017.
The Olhares do Mediterrâneo Film Festival is seeking films made by women to be presented at its fourth edition, which will take place from 28 September-1 October 2017 at the Cinema São Jorge in Lisbon, Portugal.
Olhares do Mediterrâneo is a film festival that aims to showcase the role of women from the Mediterranean countries in film production.
The festival also especially tries to promote the exhibition of films from the Mediterranean Basin, boosting knowledge of these productions from the region and promoting exchanges with Portuguese film professionals.
The festival accepts the submission of films of any genre and length (except institutional, corporate or advertising films), which meet the following criteria:
- Featuring a woman as one of the main credits: director, co-director, producer, writer, director of photography or editor;
- Produced by at least one of the Mediterranean countries (Albania, Algeria, Bosnia, Cyprus, Croatia, Egypt, Slovenia, Spain, France, Greece, Israel, Italy, Lebanon, Libya, Malta, Morocco, Montenegro, Palestine, Syria, Tunisia or Turkey) or Portugal;
- Produced after January 2015;
- Not previously released in Portugal by means of commercial distribution (sales or rental), theatrical exhibition or broadcasting on television;
- Screening copy available in one of the following formats: 35mm, DCP, Betacam Digital PAL, DVCAM (if arranged in advance, films may be sent as MP4 or Mov files, from which the festival will provide the transfer to DCP for exhibition purposes).
The festival shall not pay any screening fees for the exhibition of the selected films.
The selected films may be entered into competition for an audience award, a jury award and a school film award. Two winners will be selected in each category (one short and one feature). The awards will be made by an artist and have no monetary value.
Applications must be submitted through the online application form. The submission of the films must take place exclusively by electronic means (link and password).
The Olhares do Mediterrâneo adventure started in early 2013 and is a joint project by the Olhares do Mediterrâneo Group and the Centre for Research in Anthropology (CRIA), in partnership with Films Femmes Mediterranée (FFM)
Article produced in partnership with Cineuropa