Darat al Funun’s The Lab programme offers a space for creatives from all disciplines – Call for Applications
Deadline: 15 December 2018 [Extended]
Darat al Funun is now accepting applications from creative practitioners for its 2019 programme at The Lab. The Lab offers a space for creatives from all disciplines (including artists, curators, architects, performers, filmmakers and designers) to experiment, develop their own methods, and cultivate new ideas.
Darat al Funun is specifically looking for projects espousing collaborative, participatory and socially engaged practices, whether through site-specific interventions, performances, workshops, talks or otherwise. The programme gives preference to proposals that engage the community, promote social dialogue and advance critical discourses.
For every chosen project, Darat al Funun provides:
- The Lab for an agreed period, as well as access to equipment and materials;
- Help with production and (de)installation;
- Assistance in promoting the projects on social media platforms and the Foundation’s website;
- Seed money to cover production costs.
No additional allocations are provided. International proposals are accepted but the Foundation does not cover travel expenses or insurance. Occasionally, accommodation in one of the residency flats can be arranged.
To apply, e-mail your application in English or Arabic to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the following items:
- Your name/address/contact details (if you are a group, please identify the main contact person);
- A short biography (250 words);
- A detailed description of your proposal (500-1000 words; please include images and sketches where applicable);
- A Portfolio showing your most recent work (where applicable);
- A production plan outline, estimated budget, and timeline – Please specify your preferred period(s), as well as any times you are unavailable for the year starting February 2019. Projects should run for 4-6 weeks.
The deadline for applications is 15 November 2018.
Content produced in collaboration with Cineuropa