Ettijahat launching the 6th edition of Research: To strengthen the culture of knowledge – Call for applications
Deadline: 10 October 2018
Ettijahat is now accepting applications for its grant programme, “Reseach: To strengthen the culture of knowledge.” This year’s edition will focus on current topics in cultural research that are relevant to the situation in Syria, especially changes in the perspectives of Syrian artists with regards to their relationship with society and the transformations it is witnessing.
This capacity-building programme aims to provide an opportunity for ten Syrian and Palestinian-Syrian young researchers (22-40 years old) to carry out full-time research within the field of cultural studies.
The programme seeks to enhance the researchers’ skills, giving them guidance to complete their research project (the programme will probably be their first such venture following their academic studies). Experienced cultural researchers, who constitute the Selection Committee of the programme, will directly supervise the projects.
At the end of the programme, and based on the evaluation of an expert committee, Ettijahat will publish a collection of the completed papers.
The programme is divided in two phases: the training and skill enhancement phase (one month) and the completion of actual research supervised by experienced researchers (six months).
All selected researchers will receive:
- A Mentor specialized in the topic to guide the Researchers throughout the six months;
- A supporting grant of $2000 to write the paper;
- A $200 contribution intended for academic material and useful references (books, articles, etc.);
- Participation in conferences and talks at round tables and symposiums in the region;
- The opportunity to publish research papers abiding by the publishing criteria.
The deadline for applications is 10 October 2018.
To apply, please send the following documents to email@example.com :
- The completed application form, written in Arabic, downloadable here;
- A résumé;
- A Motivation letter explaining why you wish to participate in the programme;
- An electronic copy of the applicant's identity card.
Content produced in partnership with Cineuropa