The Friends of the Arab World Institute Prize for young contemporary Arab artists is in its 4th edition this year – Call for Applications
Deadline: 31 October 2018
The “Friends of the Arab World Institute Prize for young contemporary Arab artists” highlights emerging visual artists from the Arab World. The theme of the 2019 Prize is: Football and the Arab World.
The prize supports the production of an artwork by offering a three-month residency in the Cité internationale des arts in Paris and a € 3200 grant. The winner will participate in a collective exhibition, entitled “Football & Arab World”, which will be inaugurated in April 2019 at the Arab World Institute in Paris. The rewarded artwork shall enter the Arab World Institute museum collections.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a national of one of the following countries: Algeria, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, the Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, the United Arab Emirates, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Mauritania, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia or Yemen;
- Be an artist involved in the visual arts (drawing, photography, video, installations, etc.);
- Be aged under 40 (or aged 40) on 31 October 2018;
- Apply as an individual;
- Be an artist whose work has never been the subject of a monograph (other than in a gallery and art school);
- Be able to speak some English or French;
- Have completed his/her studies.
To apply for the prize, please complete the online application form and send a project description (2 pages max.), a CV (solely featuring the candidate’s artistic career), a copy of ID, a portfolio presenting previous work (between 5 and 20 pages max.) to the following address: email@example.com
The deadline for applications is 31 October 2018.
The laureate will be rewarded by a panel of professionals in early November 2018.
To download the detailed call for applications, please click here
To download the press release, please click here
If you wish to support the 2019 Edition with a donation, please click here
Content produced in collaboration with Cineuropa