Mophradat’s Arts Fellows welcomes three young curators, arts managers, arts producer and art administrators of the Arab diaspora in Athens, Cairo and Istanbul – Call for application
Deadline: 3 December 2018
Mophradat’s Arts Fellows program is a twelve-week part-time training program at an international art institution. The program is for young curators, arts managers, arts producers, and arts administrators of the Arab diaspora in and outside of the Arab world (including recent migrants and refugees). It enables them to develop their knowledge, skills, and professional networks in their adopted context.
Mophradat provides each Art Fellow with a stipend during the program. Fellowships will start 7 January 2019, and run for twelve weeks. Please note that this opportunity is not a residency program for artists.
Mophradat has three new partner institutions for the winter 2019:
- Contemporary Image Collective (CiC) in Cairo.
- SALT in Istanbul.
- State of Concept in Athens.
The eligibility criteria for the fellowship are:
- Applicants must have at least three years of experience as curators, managers, producers, and administrators in a field of contemporary arts;
- Applicants must speak one of the organization’s working languages, and have basic computer skills;
- Applicants must have been living in the city of the program for at least one year;
- Applicants must be from the Arab world or be of recent Arab origin;
- Applicants holding a degree in an arts discipline or related cultural field preferred;
- Students enrolled in undergraduate or Masters’ programs are not eligible to apply.
At the end of the program, fellows must provide their host and Mophradat with a narrative summary of what they feel they learned and achieved, and any improvements they think the program could benefit from.
The deadline for submission is 3 December 2018.
Selected applicants will be informed by the host organization no later than 17 December 2018. Applicants must be available to commit themselves to the program from 7 January 2019.
Applications must be sent directly to the host institutions based on their open call:
For more information about the application, please click here
Content produced in partnership with Cineuropa