STARTS Prize of the European Commission honouring innovation in technology, industry and society stimulated by the arts – Call for applications
Deadline: 1 March 2019
STARTS is an initiative of the European Commission to foster alliances of technology and artistic practice. As part of this initiative, the STARTS Prize awards the most pioneering collaborations and results in the field of creativity and innovation at the crossings of science and technology with the arts. The STARTS Prize of the European Commission is launched by Ars Electronica, BOZAR and Waag.
The STARTS Prize focuses on artistic works that influence or change the way we look at technology, and on innovative forms of collaboration between the ICT sector and the world of art and culture.
Two prizes, each with €20,000 prize money, are offered to honour innovative projects at the intersection of science, technology and the arts:
- Grand Prize – Artistic Exploration Awarded for artistic exploration and art works where appropriation by the arts has a strong potential to influence or alter the use, deployment or perception of technology.
- Grand Prize – Innovative Collaboration Awarded for innovative collaboration between industry or technology and the arts that opens new pathways for innovation.
STARTS is looking for:
- groundbreaking collaborations and projects driven by both technology and the arts. Purely artistic or technologically driven projects are not the focus of this competition.
- all forms of artistic works and practices with a strong link to innovation in technology, business and/or society; furthermore, STARTS is not restricted to a particular genre such as media art and digital art.
- all types of technological and scientific research and development that has been inspired by art or involves artists as catalysts of novel thinking.
The deadline for applications is 1 March 2019.
Artists, creative professionals, researchers or companies from all over the world can apply; STARTS is not limited to citizens of EU-member states.
Content produced in partnership with Cineuropa