STEP travel grants foster engaged partnerships in Europe and around – Call for applications
Deadline: ongoing – 60 days prior to the departure date
STEP stands for “Supporting Travel for Engaged Partnerships”. STEP travel grants support creative and critical artists and cultural changemakers travelling across Europe and its neighbours, to help foster a society with greater solidarity, participation, equality and a stronger sense of social justice.
STEP supports culturally active and engaged individuals for international return travels within Europe or to/from its neighbouring countries to a partner organisation for a professional cultural collaboration that serves a wider community.
Cultural operators or artists from the following countries can apply: Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestinian Territories, Syria and Tunisia.
Only if they are:
- at least 18 years old at the time of the travel;
- collaborating with the partner organisation for the first time;
- not currently in any other contractual agreement with ECF.
The applicant should have (at least) one committed partner organisation in the destination country that:
- is from the independent cultural, or social sector (but working with culture);
- is committed to engaging in reciprocal knowledge exchange and equal partnership with the applicant;
- will acknowledge the STEP support in any communication material deriving from the travel.
The same individual can only be awarded once for a STEP travel grant.
The submission deadline for any application has to be done 60 days prior to the departure date.
To read the guidelines, please click here
And to apply, please click on the “APPLY” button on this page and follow the instructions.
STEP travel grants is an initiative by the European Cultural Foundation with the support of Compagnia di San Paolo. Since its launch in 2003 to the present, the programme STEP (previously Step Beyond) has supported more than 2,300 trips across 59 countries – covering the Council of Europe countries and the Euro-Mediterranean partnership countries.
Content produced in partnership with Cineuropa