Under 35 and working in the field of theatre? Register to the Theatertreffen 2019 – International Forum
Registration deadline: 15 December 2018
The Theatertreffen International Forum is an 18-day scholarship programme that promotes young theatre makers from all parts of the world. The event will take place from 3-20 May 2019 in Berlin, Germany.
The open call is aimed at theatre makers up to the age of 35 from the fields of directing, acting, design, dramaturgy, writing, music, video, performance, choreography and other artistic disciplines. It is aimed both at theatre makers employed by established theatre institutions as well as those who work in independent contexts.
The International Forum sees itself as a platform for comprehensive theoretical and practical exchange. The programme includes the presentation of the invited theatre makers and their aesthetic practice in lectures, the participation in workshops held by renowned artists, experts from various disciplines and scholars, opportunities to see theatre productions invited to Theatertreffen and Stückemarkt, open space events and discussions on contemporary art as well as excursions into the diverse cultural landscape of Berlin.
The scholarship normally includes:
- all costs of participation for the programme;
- tickets to Theatertreffen performances and Stückemarkt events;
- travel expenses (depending on the country of origin, the costs for the use of the cheapest travel option possible, will be completely or partially covered, or no travel costs will be covered at all);
- hotel accommodation with breakfast (excluding fellows resident in Berlin);
- per diem (according to the performance agreement, this depends on the country of origin and does not apply to fellows resident in Berlin);
Applicants from Germany and Austria can send their application to the following email:
And applicants from Switzerland have to apply via this link
The deadline for application is 15 december 2018.
Content produced in partnership with Cineuropa